Meet With Us
Appointments and Drop-in Advising with NCA
NCA is here to support you! Connect with us through appointments or drop-in hours virtually, in-person or over the phone. Undergraduate students, graduate students and recent alumni are eligible to schedule appointments with a member of our team through Handshake.
Visit the Alumni Resources page for more information about career services and resources for alumni more than 6 months beyond graduation.
For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond quickly.
Schedule an Appointment
NCA career advisers and career counselors are here to help you navigate all of your career concerns. Appointments with our team are scheduled through Handshake and are available in the following areas:
- Undecided on a Career Path
- Choosing an Academic Major
- Career Advising (finding jobs/internships, networking, resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, offer negotiation)
- Mock Interview
- Graduate School Application Advising
- Pre-Law Advising
Appointments can be scheduled virtually, in person or by phone. Login to Handshake Career Center > Appointments to view your scheduling options.
Drop-In Hours (Virtual and In-Person)
During the academic year, NCA advisers offers daily virtual and in-person drop-in hours to connect with our team for quick career-related questions and guidance. Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students can utilize these hours.
2023-2024 Academic Year
Fall Live Chat and In Person Drop-in Hours are offered starting 9/11 until 11/27 from 12:00 pm-2:00 pm
- Live chat is available Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- In-person drop-ins (620 Lincoln St.) are available Tuesday and Thursday
There will be no Live chat/Drop-ins on the following dates:
- 9/28/23 (NCA Career Fair)
- 11/20-11/24/23 (Thanksgiving week)
NCA Live Chat Instructions:
NCA Live Chat* is offered through Microsoft Teams, a platform accessible to all Northwestern students, staff and faculty. Check current drop-in hours before opening Live Chat.
- When prompted, enter your Northwestern email address.
- You will be redirected to Online Passport.
- Sign in with your NetID and NetID password. If you are already signed into Online Passport, you will go directly to Microsoft Teams.
What questions can I ask during Drop-in Hours?
You will have 15-20 minutes for your drop-in session. For longer questions or more detailed feedback, you may be referred to schedule an appointment with a member of the NCA team or to utilize one of our online resources. During drop-in advising you can ask a member of our team quick questions, tips and for resources related to:
- Navigating NCA services
- Job/Internship Searching
- Negotiating Offers
- Writing resumes and cover letters
Career Ambassador Resume Review Drop-ins
Career Ambassadors are available at various campus locations during spring quarter.
2022-2023 CA Drop-in Times have ended for this academic year.
Additional Career Offices at Northwestern
In addition to NCA, there are several other offices at Northwestern that provide career support to students, alumni, and postdocs. Visit the pages below to learn more about available services:
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs: Career support for postdoctoral trainees at Northwestern
- MSMS Career Development: Career advising for students in the MSMS program
- MSL Career and Professional Development: Career advising for students in the MSL program
- Kellogg Career Management Center: Career center for Kellogg MBA students
- Feinberg School of Medicine Career Development: Career support for MD students
- Pritzker School of Law Career Strategy Center: Career center for JD students
- David G. Kabiller NU for Life Program: Career and professional development for NU student-athletes
- Engineering Career Development : Career office serving McCormick students
- School of Communication: EPICS : Career office serving SoC students