Northwestern Qatar Students
Northwestern Qatar students are welcome and encouraged to apply for SIGP. The SIGP timeline for NU-Q students differs from the timeline on the Evanston campus.
Below is the timeline for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Applications accepted Monday, February 13, 2023 to Thursday, March 16, 2023 (by 11:59pm CST)
- Students will be notified on the status of their application by Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Awarded students will be required to attend an NU-Q SIGP orientation (more information to follow)
- Awarded students will be required to provide details on their summer internship (including an offer letter) by April 27, 2023
Information Sessions (Virtual)
Registration for information sessions will be available in Handshake:
- Tuesday, February 21 from 12:00 – 12:30pm CST (all students) | Register for 2/21 Information Session
- Wednesday, March 1 from 4:00 – 4:30pm CST (all students) | Register for 3/1 Information Session
- Friday, March 10 from 12:00 – 12:30pm CST (all students) | Register for 3/10 Information Session
- Thursday, March 16 from 5:00 – 5:30pm CST (all students) | Register for 3/16 Information Session
View virtual information session recording.
The application process and content is the same for NU-Q students and Evanston students. For additional information about the application process, please visit How to Apply. Keep in mind the NU-Q specific application dates.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
I applied to SIGP last year. Can I re-apply?
Yes. Previous SIGP applicants and recipients may apply again for this year’s grant, if they meet the qualifications. There is no cap on the number of times a student can receive SIGP.
Can SIGP be combined with other funding opportunities on campus?
No. SIGP CANNOT be combined with any other campus grant or funding opportunities, including Undergraduate Research Grants and IAS funding. If students are selected for multiple funding or grant opportunities, they must choose between SIGP and the other opportunity.
Is there a waitlist for students?
Yes. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application on Thursday, April 13. If a student is notified that they were placed on the waitlist, they are encouraged to continue searching for a summer internship opportunity. Students on the waitlist can be notified at any time following the initial notification that they’ve been removed from the waitlist and selected to move forward with the grant. Students removed from the waitlist have 1 week to confirm details of their internship (including offer letter) from the date that they’re notified they’ve been removed from the waitlist.
Who can help me with my internship search?
NU-Q students should work with Ahmad Hamed, Career Services Manager for the Qatar campus for support on their internship search strategy.