SIGP Application Resources
Selection Committee Considerations:
- Student can define multiple learning outcomes they will gain from the experience they are describing and the application for their career development.
- Student can draw clear connections between their studies and extra-curricular activities with the experience they have described.
- Student demonstrated willingness to apply their learning experiences to the betterment of the SIGP and Northwestern.
- Student can state how this specific internship will help them develop or achieve career goals (career trajectory: now to graduation to full-time/grad school)
- Adequacy of preparation and experience for SIGP (resume should be reflective of application materials that would be submitted to an employer in the respective industry of interest).
Tips to enhance your application:
- Meet with your Career Adviser to discuss your application materials and internship search strategy. Schedule appointment in Handshake.
- Tell a cohesive story and demonstrate the ability to be self-reflective.
- You do not have to know what your internship site will be when you apply, but make a compelling story about what type of role you’d like and why it would be impactful in your success.