SIGP Application Resources
Selection Committee Considerations:
- Student describes their summer internship/experience or the internship/experience that they hope to secure.
- Student identifies and describes multiple learning goals for their internship/summer experience.
- Student draws clear connections between their studies and/or extra-curricular activities with the experience they are pursuing or hoping to pursue.
- Student draws clear connections between internship/summer experience and their academic and/or career goals.
- Student demonstrates a willingness to apply what they learned from their experience to the Northwestern community.
- Overall quality of application; student put effort and thought into preparing their application materials including essays, budget, and resume.
Tips to enhance your application:
- Meet with your Career Adviser to discuss your application materials and internship search strategy. Schedule appointment in Handshake.
- Tell a cohesive story and demonstrate the ability to self-reflect.
- If you do not have an internship secured at the time of application, focus on telling a compelling story about the type of role you'd like and its potential impact.
- If you do NOT receive financial aid from NU, you are strongly encouraged to answer the supplemental Essay 3.