Career Development Funding
- Funding for an interview suit is up to $300 reimbursement for eligible purchases.
- Funding for Graduate/Professional School Test Preparation and Application Fees is limited to $550 in reimbursement for eligible expenses.
- Funding requests will be reviewed and fully funded, partially funded or declined based on the applicant’s financial need (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid), strength of application materials, and availability of funds.
- Funding received may be considered taxable income. Consult with the IRS or a tax advisor for additional information.
- In most cases, funding requests will be reimbursed virtually by a Hyperwallet virtual visa card that can be transferred to your personal bank account. Reimbursement processing time should be approximately 4-5 business days.
- Students are required to set up a virtual meeting to review program requirements, sign required paperwork and provide information needed to process the Hyperwallet virtual card.
- Approved applicants are required to schedule a virtual meeting to review program requirements.
- Approved applicants are required to return receipts from all purchases and write a short essay within a reasonable timeframe. Receipt(s) and essay must be received within one month in order to process reimbursement.
- Items purchased more than one month prior to applying are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Failure to return required items to NCA may result in loss of funding.
- Any purchases outside of the allowed parameters of the fund will not be reimbursed.
- Students that apply in the same quarter they are graduating must understand that they will be required to finish their shopping and submit their receipts prior to graduation. We are not able to provide reimbursements to students after graduation.
Back to main Career Development Fund webpage