Career Development Funding
- Funding for a suit is limited to $300.
- Funding for Graduate/Law School Test Preparation is limited to $600
- There is no limit for funding that can be requested for interview travel, however:
- Every effort will be made to secure the best available fare/rate
- Hotel stays will be limited to the necessary number of nights based on the interview
- Funding is only available for ground transportation to/from the airports and to/from the interview location.
- Funding requests will be reviewed and fully funded, partially funded or declined based on the applicant’s financial need (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid), strength of application materials, and availability of funds.
- Funding received may be considered taxable income. Consult with the IRS or a tax advisor for additional information.
- While we continue to deal with the impact of COVID19, funding requests will be provided virtually by a Hyperwallet virtual visa card that can be used only for online purchases or transferred to your personal banking account.
- Students are required to set up a virtual meeting to review program requirements, sign required paperwork and provide information needed to process the Hyperwallet virtual card.
- Approved applicants are required to schedule a virtual meeting to review program requirements and receive funding (schedule flight, receive visa card)
- Approved applicants are required to return receipts from all purchases and write a short essay within a reasonable timeframe following their funded experience, which will be one (1) month for Interview Suit purchases. This timeframe may be shorter at the end of the academic year.
- Failure to return required items to NCA may result in loss or repayment of funded amount, an inability to apply to the Career Development Fund in the future, and/or referral to the Dean of Students Office.
- Any purchases outside of the allowed parameters of the fund will be subject to repayment.
Back to main Career Development Fund webpage