Transportation & Parking
Information for riders and driversservice updates and announcements
Commuter Benefits Recognized
Northwestern University has been named one of the 2024 Best Universities for Commuters
Getting Around Campus
Service Updates and Announcements
Shuttle Service Announcements
- Campus Loop Shuttle Route Temporarily Expanded: The Campus Loop route has temporarily been extended farther south and a new stop has been added. The temporary route now extends to Lake Street with a new stop added on Sherman Ave just north of Lake St. You can view the exact stop location and schedule utilizing the TripShot app.
- Student Chicago Express Pilot Shuttle: ASG is funding a pilot Saturday shuttle service that connects to downtown Chicago destinations.
- Shuttle Tracker Service change to TripShot: GPS tracking is now available via TripShot. See our TripShot Shuttle Tracker webpage for additional information and instruction.
Evanston Parking Announcements
- 2023-24 permits available: Parking permits for the year are available for renewal and purchase. Faculty and staff may renew using the new online portal.
- Vehicle Storage: Parking a vehicle for longer than 48-hours continuously is prohibited. This includes during holiday and academic break periods.
- Contractor Parking: Construction contractors are prohibited in all main campus lots.
- Lot Closures:
- None at this time
- Major Events:
- None at this time
Chicago Parking Announcements
- EV chargers now installed in Chicago parking garages: We are pleased to announce that new chargers are now available in the Huron Superior and Erie Ontario parking garages.
- Daily Discounted Parking Program Changes: Effective January 2023 the coupon program for faculty, staff, and students is transitioning to the Daily Debit Recharge Program.
- Parking on the Chicago campus is at capacity and most lots are now operating on a waitlist procedure. Please contact the Chicago Parking Services Office for additional details.