Transportation & Parking
Information for riders and driversservice updates and announcements
Commuter Benefits Recognized
Northwestern University has been named one of the 2021 Best Workplaces for Commuters
Getting Around Campus
Service Updates and Announcements
COVID-19 Service Information: Updated information about Shuttles and parking operations at this time.
Shuttle Service Announcements:
- Spring Quarter Shuttle Information: Information about shuttle operations during Spring Quarter.
Evanston Parking Announcements
- Spring Quarter Reduced Parking Fee: The reduced parking rates will continue through June.
- Parking Lot Gates and Pay Stations: Parking controls are active and permits are required to park in campus lots.
- 2020-21 Parking Permits: Permits are now available for purchase.
- Vehicle Storage: Parking a vehicle for longer than 48-hours continuously is prohibited. This includes during holiday and academic break periods.
- Contractor Parking: Construction contractors are prohibited in all main campus lots.
- Lot Closures: Blomquist Gym (Lot 129) and Library Place/Sheridan Road (Lot 130) are currently closed until further notice.
- Major Events: none at this time
Chicago Parking Announcements
Chicago Campus Parking Lot/Garages Gate Equipment Modernization: Modernization of gate equipment is taking place with new tap card readers in all three locations, and license plate readers in Erie and Huron garages. If your license plate information has changed since you applied for parking, you can update it using our License Plate Update form.