Undergraduate, masters and PhD alumni of Northwestern have access to schedule appointments through Handshake within one year of graduation. In light of the impact of Covid-19 on the job search, NCA will allow class of 2020 and 2021 graduates to meet with a member of our team until securing your first position post-graduation.
In addition, along with the Northwestern Alumni Association (NAA), we provide the following career services for alumni:
- Alumni have free access to Handshake, our career platform, for life. Once your NetID and password expire, sign up for alumni access (Please note: registration requests can take up to 5 business days for approval).
Events & Career Fairs
- All NCA-sponsored career fairs are open to the entire Northwestern community.
- Career-educational programs and employer information sessions are posted under the "Events" section in Handshake. The audience for each program varies; make sure to read the program description carefully to determine whether it is open for alumni.
- NCA encourages all alumni to join Our Northwestern (developed by the NAA) as well as the Northwestern Alumni Group and Northwestern Career Advancement Group on LinkedIn.
- The NAA has developed services and programs for the career development of alumni. You can also find events, clubs and groups.
- While NCA does not provide appointments for alumni beyond 6 months of graduation, our Alumni Resources handout (PDF) provides resources for finding private career counseling services in your area.
- Other Career Offices at Northwestern may provide services for their alumni. Visit the pages below for more information.