Undergraduate and masters and PhD alumni of Northwestern have access to schedule appointments through Handshake within one year of graduation.
In addition, along with the Northwestern Alumni Association (NAA), we provide the following career services for alumni:
- Alumni have free access to Handshake, our career platform, for life. Once your NetID and password expire, you can log into the Handshake platform using the email address associated with your account. The hyperlink that says sign in with your email address is found directly below the student SSO button.
Events & Career Fairs
- All NCA-sponsored career fairs are open to the entire Northwestern community.
- Career-educational programs and employer information sessions are posted under the "Events" section in Handshake. The audience for each program varies; make sure to read the program description carefully to determine whether it is open for alumni.
- NCA encourages all alumni to join Our Northwestern (developed by the NAA) as well as the Northwestern Alumni Group and Northwestern Career Advancement Group on LinkedIn.
- The NAA has developed services and programs for the career development of alumni. You can also find events, clubs and groups.
- While NCA does not provide appointments for alumni beyond 6 months of graduation, our Alumni Resources handout (PDF) provides resources for finding private career counseling services in your area.
- Other Career Offices at Northwestern may provide services for their alumni. Visit the pages below for more information.