Energy & Sustainability
Energy & Sustainability is an industry that is focused on renewable energy. They concentrate on the ability to extract, generate, or consume energy without any significant impact to the environment. These companies, trade associations, and individuals focus on energy efficiency, natural gas, and renewable energy sectors.
They research, develop products, and create methods around solar power, biofuel, and green energy. They also might include independent electric power producers, investor-owned utilities, public power, commercial end-users and project developers and service providers for environmental markets.
- Marketing intern; full-time Engineer: Chemical, Electric, Mechanical, Materials
- Energy Technician
- Computer Systems Specialist
- Project Manager
- Trade Representative
- Interest in Sustainability
- Project Management
- Problem solving
Common interview questions
- Why do you want to work here?
- Describe a time when you were not able to fix a problem. Why were you not able to?
- What did you end up doing?
- What is your expectation of the company?
- Be able to connect your experience with your skill set.
Employer / Industry / Job Search Resources
Energy & Sustainability-related student groups
- Students for Ecological and Environmental Development (SEED)
- Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW)
- Northwestern Energy & Sustainability Consortium (NESC)
- Institute for Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern (ISEN)
- Solar Fuels Institute (SOFI)
- Argonne-Northwestern Solar Energy Research Center (ANSER)
Companies that recruit at Northwestern
- Schneider Electric
- Civic Solar
- SoCore Energy
***Much of this content is courtesy of Wetfeet, Vault, and Glassdoor