Take a Trek with NCA
NCA’s Career Trek program brings a small group of NU students (~20-25) on-site to visit organizations, learn about industries, and network with alums. Typically hosted during breaks in the academic year, Career Treks take place both locally in Chicago and across the county in cities such as Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC. A Trek is usually 1-3 days where students will have the opportunity to visit several organizations each day. Application information and participating organizations are shared on a timely basis throughout the academic year.
Students can apply for Career Treks via Handshake by submitting a resume and answers to two short essay questions by the deadlines listed below. Students who apply will have the opportunity to indicate financial need to be considered for financial assistance for travel and lodging. Students will be notified of acceptance and any financial assistance in advance of the trek and asked to confirm their participation.
2022 - 2023 Treks
Investment Banking, New York City
- Winter Break 2022
Finance, New York City
- Spring Break 2023, March 22-23
- Applications Open: Tuesday, January 17 at 9 AM, CT
- Applications Due: Tuesday, January 31 at 9 AM, CT
Government, Law, and Policy, Washington DC
- Spring Break 2023, March 21-22
- Applications Open: Monday, January 23 at 7 AM, CT
- Applications Due: Monday, February, 6 at 11:59 PM, CT
Film and Television, Los Angeles
- Summer Break 2023 (dates TBD)
Last updated 2/13/23.