Handshake is Northwestern's central platform for accessing career services. You can use it to find job and internship opportunities, schedule an appointment with your NCA adviser or counselor, learn about career events, see which employers are coming to campus, and more. Handshake is NCA's primary tool for communicating with you about the wide array of career-related events, workshops, and opportunities to help you in your career planning and searches.
- Current students: sign in using net ID and password
- Alumni & Postdocs: sign in using email address
- Alumni without an existing Handshake account should start here
- PostDoctoral Students can create a Northwestern account
- You do NOT need to use a Northwestern email address to sign up for an account
- Please allow for up to 5 business days for your alumni/postdoc account to be processed.
Handshake Campus Partners: Northwestern Career Advancement, Medill Career Services, David G. Kabiller NU for Life Program, EPICS in the School of Communication, Master of Science in Law, Master of Science in Management Studies, Chicago Field Studies.
Disclaimer: Northwestern Career Advancement (NCA) maintains Handshake as a service to Northwestern students and alumni. Employers and opportunities found on Handshake are listed due to their potential interest to the Northwestern community. These should not be considered an endorsement by NCA or Northwestern University. While employers and opportunities are vetted by Northwestern staff, students should always useSafety in their Search when viewing postings in Handshake or other job sites.
For tips on how best to utilize the system, please visit our Handshake Tips webpage.