Application for Spring 2023 is open from May 2 to May 16, 2021.
Schedule 2022 - 2023
Below is the schedule for Advance Scheduling for the 2022-2023 academic year here in Norris and the Satellite locations:
Fall Quarter 2022 (9/1/22 – 12/18/22)
- Advance Scheduling Opens: Monday, November 1, 2021
- Advance Scheduling Closes: Monday, November 15, 2021
- Final Determination: Monday, November 22, 2021
Student Org & Department Meeting Space: Opens up Monday, November 29, 2021, at 9:00am
Winter Quarter 2023 (1/2/23 – 3/27/23)
- Advance Scheduling Opens: Tuesday, February 1, 2022
- Advance Scheduling Closes: Friday, February 18, 2022
- Final Determination: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Student Org & Department Meeting Space: Opens up Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at 9:00am
Spring Quarter 2023 (3/28/23 – 6/17/23)
- Advance Scheduling Opens: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Advance Scheduling Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Final Determination: Monday, May 23, 2022
Summer Quarter 2023 (TBD)
- Requests for summer are on a first come/first served basis. The summer books will open on August 1, 2022. No email will be sent out. Please feel free to contact the Norris Event Management office on or after August 1 to request space.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Advance Scheduling?
- Advance Scheduling is a reservation process which allows University events to request priority scheduling for venues managed by Norris Event Management. On the above dates university student organizations and departments are sent an email inviting them to submit their events to be considered for priority scheduling for that specific quarter.
Which events are eligible for Advance Scheduling?
- Any event may be submitted for consideration. The Norris Center Advisory Board has final approval of all events. Types of events that are likely to receive positive consideration include those that support the University or Norris Center mission, are open to the campus community, and/or are bound by date or location. It is important to understand that all events must be approved by the Norris Advisory Board.
Which spaces are included in Advance Scheduling?
- All Norris Center meeting rooms and event spaces
- Norris East Lawn and South Lawn
- Cahn Auditorium
- Shanley Hall
- Guild Lounge
- 2122 Sheridan Great Room
- 2122 Sheridan Performance Hall
- Lutkin Hall
Please note, you can request specific rooms but if they are unavailable we will make "best-fit" assignments for approved events. This may include working with other meeting and event spaces on campus if the requested rooms are not available for your event.
What if my Advance Scheduling Request is not approved?
- Reservations requests will be accepted after 8:30am on the above dates for both student organizations and departments. You can make your request by using Virtual EMS, stopping by the Administration office in Norris, calling (847) 491-2331 or emailing email@example.com.
Outdoor Location Requests
The Norris University Center has implemented a new, more collaborative product to facilitate outdoor space requests on campus. This system will help to streamline outdoor request processes and enhance communication within these areas. We ask that all requests for outdoor space be submitted through the outdoor event system. These requests will follow the same timeline as above. You are invited to submit your requests for outdoor locations here.
Please reach out to the Events Planning office for the most up to date listing of our rates.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any clarification.