Video and Audio Conferencing
On-Campus Video ConferencingWe recommend and support Zoom, which is the campus standard. Northwestern also has Webex and Microsoft Teams licenses for the campus, but our conferencing systems are not optimized for these platforms.
Norris Meeting Rooms
- The Alumni Room (301), Chicago Room (103), and Scholars Room (204) are equipped with webcams connected to the resident computer. The resident computer is equipped with Zoom, and users should log in with their netID and password or alternative zoom login. For audio, users should dial into the meeting using the conference phone on the table.
- The Louis Room (205) and McCormick Auditorium (100) are both receiving AV upgrades in Summer 2021, and should be ready for use beginning in September 2021. Initially, capabilities will be limited as we learn the capabilities of our spaces. Both rooms will be equipped with PTZ cameras that allow for easy zoom integration. Louis and McCormick require a dedicated technician to use AV in the room, and use of video conferencing may require additional staff depending on the complexity of the event.
- Wildcat B (101), Northwestern B (202), and Lake (203) are receiving a video conferencing add on in fall 2021. Expect to see this equipment rolled out gradually over full quarter, with full capability by Winter 2022.
- There are no webcams or cameras in our other rooms.
Guild Lounge, in Scott Hall
- The Guild Lounge is equipped with a camera and built in conference phone for video conferencing.
- We recommend Zoom, which is the campus standard.
- Use of this system requires a tech specialist.
- Contact Norris Event Planning to reserve this resource.
Other Video Conferencing Solutions
- For basic web conferencing, you can use your personal/departmental laptop with a webcam.
- Norris can assist with connecting your computer to the TV or Projector, but otherwise we provide no support for video conferencing except in rooms equipped as such.
- As an additional resource, NU Media and Innovation provides streaming and recording services across campus, including Norris spaces. This service is provided and billed by NUIT, and Norris only provides supplementary support.
- Visit http://www.it.northwestern.edu/videoconferencing/locations.html for other video conferencing locations on campus.
- Conference phones are installed at Norris in the Alumni Room, Scholars Room, and Chicago Room. There is no fee to use these phones, but they must be reserved in advance.
- Conference phones can be added to other rooms, when available. There is a fee for this service, and they must be reserved in advance.
- Conference phones can call or receive from one number only. This is not a conference line.
- In addition to zoom meetings, which is free to every staff member, every department is able to setup their own conference line.
- If your department does not have one, you can request one here: http://www.it.northwestern.edu/telephone/conference.html.
- Remember to bring your call in number and any pin numbers or codes you might need to host the meeting.