Summer Conference Assistant
The Conference Assistant (CA) is a Northwestern student who is a member of the Residential Services summer team. The CA will work primarily with the behind the scenes logistics of hosting guests who are attending summer camps and conferences organized by various groups, most of which are affiliated with Northwestern. This is a live-in position and CAs work approximately 20 hours per week. CAs report to professional staff member(s) in Residential Services and work collaboratively with all Residential Services staff.
The employment period begins on June 15, 2022 and extends through either August 27, 2022 or September 10, 2022. Required training dates are June 15-17, 2022.
Applications will be available from Monday, March 7, 2022 through 8:30am on April 11, 2022
For a full description of the Conference Assistant position, please visit our position description page.
- Northwestern student during the Spring 2022 quarter
- CAs do not need to be enrolled in summer courses
- Northwestern students enrolled in Fall 2022 courses are preferred, however;
- Graduates of the undergraduate Northwestern class of 2022 are welcome to apply if they are accepted into a graduate program. Written proof of acceptance into the program from the institution must be submitted with the CA application along with the date that the applicant is required to be on campus. If applicants have an assistantship or internship that requires an earlier start date, it must be disclosed in the CA application.
- Good academic and conduct standing
- One year of on campus living or similar experience
- Minimum cumulative and Spring 2022 GPA of 2.5 or above
- Cannot have more than 20 hours of additional weekly responsibilities or commitments
CA Selection Timeline
- Applications Due: 8:30am on Monday, April 11, 2022
- CA Interviews Offered: On a rolling basis starting April 11, 2022
- Interviews Conducted: On a rolling basis starting April 15, 2022
- CA Offers Extended: Friday, April 22, 2022
- On-campus room; Meal plan: June 15, 2022 – August 27, 2022; $1,650 stipend to be paid biweekly
- On-campus room; Meal plan: June 15, 2022 – September 10, 2022; $1,950 stipend to be paid biweekly
Contact Matthew Bonaccorso.