New Student Housing Assignment Process Overview
Welcome First-Year & Transfer Students!
New Student Housing Assignment Process
Residential Services is excited to welcome you to the first step in choosing your campus residence for the next academic year. To acquaint yourself with the process, we prepared two helpful brochures:
- Living on Campus: The Fundamentals of the Residential Experience
- Details for the Spring 2021 Housing Assignment Process
Residential Services will assign you a building and room based on the preferences you share in the housing contract. While every effort will be made to fulfill your preferences, assignments to specific buildings, rooms, or roommates cannot be guaranteed.
Important Housing Process Dates
|April 1 – June 1, 2021||Contract open to new students|
|June 2 – July 31, 2021||Room assignments processed and verified|
|Early August 2021||Assignment notification sent via email|
All Gender Housing
You have two options for completing the roommate section of the housing contract:
- If you already have a roommate in mind, you will need their name and NetID. You will select roommates in your group for your room assignment. You will use this to request roommates or respond to a pending roommate request. Roommate groups work like a 'friend request'; preferred roommate(s) must accept the request. Invitations/updates will be sent to everyone listed after you make changes and submit this form. Please note, you may only be in one group at a time. After you submit your contract, you can always make changes to your roommate groups via the “update preferences” option.
- If you do not have a specific roommate in mind, Residential Services will randomly match you with a roommate based on the building and roommate preference information you provide on the housing contract.
Housing Room Rates
Please visit our Room Rates page to view the current academic year's rates. This page will be updated when rates for the next academic year are released.
First- and second-year students may not cancel their housing contract due to the two-year residency requirement. Rising third- and fourth-year students may cancel their contract but should take note of the cancellation fee schedule. Students will only be released from housing for the following reasons:
- (a) academic dismissal
- (b) disciplinary exclusion from the University
- (c) marriage (a copy of the marriage certificate must be filed)
- (d) induction into military service
- (e) graduation,
- or (f) health, upon written recommendation of the University Health Service.