Thank you for your interest in joining the Residential Services team here at Northwestern! We invite you to learn more about our position(s), department, division and institution to see if Northwestern is a good fit for your next professional experience.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Assistant Director, Student & Conference Services
Under direct supervision of the Director, Operations and Services, the Assistant Director provides team leadership and management for complex residential operations and services that include these key responsibilities:
- Oversight of the Mail and Package Centers, Desk Services & Access Control, and Conference & Guest Services, which requires strong proficiency and understanding of, but not limited to, systems and processes, client management, logistics management, financial and billing management, communications management, vendor management, and a commitment to enhancing existing and new services through new technical solutions.
- The Assistant Director provides direct supervision to 3 full-time professionals and has oversight of 8 additional professional staff and approximately 75 student staff. This position requires strong written and verbal communications skills and technical skills to lead the team effectively and thoughtfully; and partner, coordinate, and liaise with key departments, such as Central Facilities and NUPD, various offices within Student Affairs, and vendors of importance (e.g., Assa Abloy).
- Human resource management, overall risk management and program compliance within the position’s purview. The Assistant Director also is a key stakeholder and contributor in department planning, policy formation and program development.
Visit the Northwestern Careers website and search for Job ID 44077.
Assistant Director, Community Standards and Operations
The Assistant Director of Residential Life for Community Standards and Operations is part of the leadership team responsible for developing a residential experience that fulfills the goals of Residential Services and the Division of Student Affairs. This position reports to the Director of Residential Life, supervises four full-time Resident Directors, and serves as the primary liaison between the Office of Community Standards and Residential Life. The Additionally, the Assistant Director of Residential Life leads operational work within Residential Life and contributes to resident and staff educational efforts; chairs, advises, and serves on departmental committees; assists with crisis intervention; and participates in professional development activities.
The Assistant Director of Residential Life for Community Standards and Operations works closely with the Office of Community Standards to provide functional supervision of Resident Director and Assistant Resident Director staff in their management of student conduct cases. This position will administratively resolve mid to high-level conduct cases, investigate separation-level cases, and have the opportunity to serve as panel-coordinator for panel hearings involving residential students.
This position includes working with diverse groups of students, staff, and faculty in a highly selective and rigorous academic environment.
Visit the Northwestern Careers website and search for Job ID 45057.
Area Coordinator (2 positions)
Area Coordinators (ACs) work with the Residential Services team to foster an inclusive residential environment that fulfills the mission, vision, and goals of Residential Services and the Division of Student Affairs. ACs are 12-month, full-time, master’s required, live-out staff members who are responsible for the overall management of residential areas of up to 2,500 residents. The AC reports to an Assistant Director in Residential Life. This position includes working with diverse groups of students, staff, and faculty in a competitive academic environment.
Visit the Northwestern Careers website and search for Job ID 44912.
The Custodian performs general custodial and light maintenance work in maintaining buildings and houses in an orderly and attractive condition under immediate supervision. This position is required to move furniture and equipment in and around buildings.
Currently, there are several Custodian vacancies with different schedules. The available schedules are as follows:
- Saturday-Wednesday, 7:30AM-4:00PM
- Saturday-Wednesday, 3:30PM-12:00AM
- Saturday-Wednesday, 11:00PM-7:30AM
When submitting your application, please specify your preferred shift(s).
Visit the Northwestern Careers website and search for Job ID 43788 and 44424.
Northwestern University is seeking a 2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor. The schedule for the position is Monday-Friday, 3:30PM-12:00AM.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for high-quality general maintenance operations of Northwestern University’s student residence halls located on the Evanston campus. The primary job duties for the Maintenance Supervisor include responding to service requests, preventive maintenance programs, staff supervision, fulfilling work assignments, etc. while upholding safety and customer service standards.
Visit the Northwestern Careers website and search for Job ID 43938.