Thank you for your interest in summer housing at Northwestern University. Please review the following information carefully before accessing and submitting your summer housing contract. Please note that all correspondence will be sent to your Northwestern email account.
The Summer Application and Contract will be available on the Housing Portal on Tuesday, May 3 until Friday, May 27. All students will then be notified on Friday, June 3 of their summer housing assignment.
Building & Amenities
All summer housing assignments will be located in Slivka Hall. More information about Slivka Hall is available on the building profile page. Residents will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their individual sleeping rooms.
Sleeping rooms are air-conditioned and include the following furnishings: a bed frame and mattress, a set of dresser drawers, and a closet with space to hang clothing.
Linens, pillows, blankets, and towels are not provided. Residents must provide their own bed linens and towels. Full laundry facilities are located within the building and washers and dryers are available at no cost.
All summer accommodations come with Wi-Fi internet. However, there is no access to a (landline) telephone within the units. Smoking is strictly prohibited within all areas of the building, including individual sleeping rooms.
- Summer housing begins at 12 p.m. on June 19 and ends at 12 p.m. on August 27.
- Summer residents may check-in as early as 12 p.m. on June 19 at the North Area Desk at 560 Lincoln.
- Checkouts occur every Saturday at 12:00 p.m. Residents who do not checkout by this deadline will be charged an extra day.
- Please note, residents who need to stay in Evanston for financial or safety reasons are eligible for intersession housing between June 14 – 19 and August 27 – September 17. More information will be available through the late stay process.
Rates & Billing
- Summer housing is billed on a weekly basis (Sunday-Saturday), no exceptions.
- The weekly summer housing room rate is $350.00. Your summer bill will accurately reflect the dates of your stay.
- For billing questions, please contact NU Student Finance.
University Personnel provides services for University-owned fixtures and equipment. If you require service for items such as non-working lights, clogged plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc., please submit a Maintenance Request online. Maintenance Requests are prioritized in the order in which they are received as well as the urgency of the issue.
- All vehicles parked on-campus require a parking permit.
- Residents should contact the Parking Office at (847) 491-3319 for information regarding the availability of parking permits in addition to rates and lots in which you are permitted to park vehicles.