Thank you for your interest in summer housing at Northwestern University. Please review the following information carefully before accessing and submitting your summer housing contract. Please note that all correspondence will be sent to your Northwestern email account.
The Summer Application and Contract will be available on the Housing Portal on Tuesday, May 4th until Friday, May 28th. All students will then be notified on Friday, June 4th of their summer housing assignment.
All summer housing assignments will be located in the University’s housing communities (building(s) to be announced soon). Residents will be responsible for the maintaining the cleanliness of their individual sleeping rooms.
Sleeping rooms are air-conditioned and include the following furnishings: a bed frame and mattress*, a set of dresser drawers, and a closet with space to hang clothing.
*All individual rooms have tile floor with carpeting in the hallway. Linens, pillows, blankets, and towels are not provided. Residents must provide their own bed linens and towels. Full laundry facilities are located within the building, washers and dryer are available at no cost to the resident.
All summer accommodations come with WiFi internet; however, there is no access to a (landline) telephone within the units. Smoking is strictly prohibited within all areas of the building, including individual sleeping rooms.
- Summer housing begins at 2pm on June 20 and ends at 12pm on August 28.
- Summer residents may check-in and pick up keys as early as 2pm on June 20 at your building’s front desk.
- Checkouts occur every Saturday at 12:00pm. Residents who do not checkout by this deadline will be charged an extra day.
- Please note, residents must make other housing arrangements between August 28 and the first day of Fall quarter classes.
Rates & Billing
- Summer housing is billed on a weekly basis (Sunday-Saturday), no exceptions.
- The weekly summer housing room rate is $350.00. Your summer bill will accurately reflect the dates of your stay.
- For billing questions, please contact NU Student Finance.
University Personnel provides services for University-owned fixtures and equipment. If you require service for items such as non-working lights, clogged plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc., please submit a Maintenance Request online. Maintenance Requests are prioritized in the order in which they are received as well as the urgency of the issue.
- All vehicles parked on-campus require a parking permit.
- Residents should contact the Parking Office at 847/491-3319 for information regarding availability of parking permits in addition to rates and lots in which vehicles are permitted to park.