Thank you for your interest in summer housing at Northwestern University. Please review the following information carefully before accessing and submitting your summer housing contract. Please note that all correspondence will be sent to your Northwestern email account.
The Summer Application and Contract will be available on the Housing Portal on Monday, May 1st until Friday, May 26th. All students will then be notified by Tuesday, June 6th of their summer housing assignment.
All summer housing assignments will be located in double rooms in a building to be announced soon. Residents will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their individual sleeping rooms.
Sleeping rooms are air-conditioned and include the following furnishings: a bed frame and mattress*, a set of dresser drawers, and a closet with space to hang clothing.
*All individual rooms have tile floor with carpeting in the hallway. Linens, pillows, blankets, and towels are not provided. Residents must provide their own bed linens and towels. Full laundry facilities are located within the building. Washers and dryer are available at no cost to the resident.
All summer accommodations come with WiFi internet; however, there is no access to a (landline) telephone within the units. Smoking is strictly prohibited within all areas of the building, including individual sleeping rooms.
- Summer housing begins at 8:00am on June 18 and ends at 12pm on August 26.
- Summer residents may check-in and pick up keys as early as 8:00am on June 18 at the North Area Desk at Schapiro Hall. Limited housing will be available between the close of the academic year on June 10 at noon and the opening of summer housing. Please apply for a late stay if you intend to be on campus for that week. Students who are staying on campus June 10-18 will be prompted to move prior to June 18 as soon as the summer assignment is ready. Checkouts occur every Saturday at 12:00pm. Residents who do not checkout by this deadline will be charged an extra week.
- Please note, residents who are not involved in an approved Early Arrival program must make other housing arrangements between August 28 and the start of fall quarter contracts (September 11 for new students and September for returning students).
Rates & Billing
- Summer housing is billed on a weekly basis (Sunday-Saturday), no exceptions.
- The weekly summer housing room rate is $350.00. Your summer bill will accurately reflect the dates of your stay.
- For billing questions, please contact the NU Student Finance office.
University Personnel provides services for University-owned fixtures and equipment. If you require service for items such as non-working lights, clogged plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc., please submit a Maintenance Request online through the Housing Portal. Maintenance Requests are prioritized in the order in which they are received as well as the urgency of the issue.
- All vehicles parked on-campus require a parking permit.
Residents should contact the Parking Office at 847/491-3319 for information regarding availability of parking permits in addition to rates and lots in which vehicles are permitted to park.
Need More Information?
Contact email@example.com with any questions.