Skip to main content

Bike & Summer Storage

Bike Storage

Northwestern's Residential Services Rules and Regulations prohibit students from storing bicycles in student rooms. A few campus residences offer limited indoor bike storage. Storage is available in Ayers Hall, Bobb Hall, East Fairchild, Engelhart Hall (graduate), McManus Center (graduate), and Slivka Hall. Bikes left in bike storage at the conclusion of the school year will be deemed abandoned and will be discarded. All residential areas have ample bike racks near building entrances. Consult the University Police website for more information about bicycle safety precautions. 

Winter Bike Storage - New for Winter 2023

Residential Services has partnered with USS to offer Winter Bike Storage. USS will pick your bike up on 11/16/23 and return it on 3/27/23. The cost for the service is $79. Please note that bikes cannot be delivered back to campus prior to 3/27/23. A limited number of storage spaces are available. Sign up is available at the USS websiteReimbursement for bike storage is available for students eligible for services through OneForm

 Summer Storage

The university does not provide storage of any personal belongings over the summer months in any space within the campus residences. Items left in buildings at the end of the year or bikes left in bike storage at the conclusion of that program will be deemed abandoned and will be discarded.

We recommend using the official service provider of Residential Services, University and Student Services (USS) for summer storage and shipping items home. The USS full-service summer storage includes; unlimited boxes, free pick-up at your door and free delivery back to your campus residence or off-campus apartment. Look for the USS tent on campus near the end of the spring quarter, or sign-up at the USS Northwestern website

Please note that on June 6 USS added capacity to accept additional customers. If you previously attempted to schedule and there were not openings, please visit the website again for assistance.

Liability Disclaimer

The University does not assume any liability for personal items stored on campus.

Students and their parents are encouraged to purchase insurance that will cover the student’s personal property while the student is away from home attending school. Any loss, theft, or damage to personal property should be promptly reported to the University Police Department.