Residential Services manages a number of reservable spaces that exist to benefit residential students. The primary audience for events hosted in reservable spaces managed by Residential Services is residents of the Area in which the space is located, with more leeway provided to requests for outdoor space. The principle used to make reservations divides the reservable time in one day into thirds:
- Open access for residents
- Area-wide programming
- Residence-based instruction and academic support
- All users and activities within residential facilities must comply with all policies and procedures outlined in the current Student Handbook.
- Guests cannot remove furniture from the space. If a specific furniture set-up is required, please include details in the “other notes” section of the request form. The sponsoring host is financially responsible, at the cost of $50.00 per hour, for unanticipated resetting of any furniture or equipment.
- Guests need to sort all trash and recycling into appropriate bins before the end of the event. The sponsoring host is financially responsible, at the cost of $50.00 per hour, for excessive cleaning.
Virtual tours are available for many of our spaces. Please click on the name of the space below to begin your tour. Please follow University guidelines for COVID-19 when using these spaces.
|# of People|
|Schapiro Hall 101A||50|
|Schapiro Hall 101B||50|
|Schapiro Hall 104||30|
|Schapiro Hall Conference Room||8-10|
|Schapiro Hall Patio|
|Elder G15 Lounge||60|
|Kemper Study Rooms*||4|
|North Area Lawn**|
|Reservable Space||# of People|
|Northeast Area Quad**|
|Lisa’s Café Patio**|
|Northeast Area Basketball Court**|
|Northeast Area Lawn (between Ayers and Slivka)**|
|Sargent Private Dining||12|
|# of People|
|1838 Chicago Patio||TBA|
|Allison East Mezzanine||25|
|Allison 531B Teaching Kitchen||25|
|Allison West Mezzanine||25|
|Shepard B06 (no technology)||12|
|Shepard B20 (Kitchen)||20|
|Shepard Study Rooms*||2-4|
|South Area Quad|
|Sorority Quad (between 630 Emerson & Rogers)**|
|South Area Lawn (between Allison and Shepard)**|
|# of People|
|Foster-Walker East Dining||122|
|Foster-Walker West Dining||108|
|FW West Private Dining||23|
|Southwest Area Basketball Court**|
|Southwest Area Lawn**|
|Willard Fire Pit|
|Willard Great Room|
- *Please note that small private study rooms are not reservable through this process. Study rooms at Kemper are first-come, first-served; study rooms at Shepard can be reserved using the touch pads outside of each room.
- ** Please initiate these outdoor space reservations through the Norris University Center’s Outdoor Event request process.