Graduate Family Resources
Engelhart Hall, McManus Center, and Garrett Place are ideal residences for families. Indoor and outdoor play areas and family-friendly activities are just a couple of the campus-living benefits. Additionally, Evanston offers excellent schools and numerous cultural and recreational opportunities. Downtown Chicago is less than thirty minutes away, making family day trips into the city very easy. Below is a list of links to local schools and other helpful resources that are available to families.
- Family Resources - Information and resources for student-parent life, including aid for graduate students with children, family leave information, finding childcare, financial assistance, health insurance, relocation, and more.
- Fitness/Recreation Center
- Plan-It Purple Event Calendar
- Block Museum of Art
- NU Athletics
- Bienen School of Music & Pick Staiger Concert Hall
- Virginia Wadsworth Wirtz Centers
Evanston/North Shore/Chicago Resources
- Evanston Public Library
- The Actors Gymnasium
- Chicago Parent Magazine
- Evanston City Calendar
- Evanston Childcare Center Directory