FSL Housing June '23 Move Out
June Move Out Information for FSL Housing Residents
Important information about Spring Quarter 2023 closing and move-out is included below and if you have any questions, you should contact your House Director.
Most fraternity and sorority houses will close on Saturday, June 10, 2023, for students. Certain houses may remain open past that date, so to ensure you have the appropriate move out date and time for your house, please consult with your House Director.
If you are engaged in a residential summer program or have a summer housing contract, Residential Services or the summer program will be in touch with you about when you can move into your assigned summer building. Housing in the residence halls is not available between June 10 and your designated move-in date for your summer assignment. Please make other arrangements for housing during that time.
Check-Out (For Opt-In Houses)
Here are the steps to complete your check-out:
- Pack/remove your belongings
- Clean your room/suite/apartment
- This includes sweeping or vacuuming floors, dusting or wiping all surfaces clean, removing all tape, stickers, etc. from surfaces, and your bathroom and kitchen (where applicable)
- Dispose of waste/recycling in proper receptacles
- Ensure all furniture allocated to the room is present
- Close/latch windows and close window coverings
- Set your air conditioning unit to cool and low fan. If you have a window A/C unit, please set the temperature to 72 degrees.
- Double check room/suite for personal belongings
- Turn off lights and lock the door.
- Return any temp cards you may have to your Area Desk.
- Complete the online Self Check-Out Form
Check-Out (For Opt-Out Houses)
Each resident must submit an online Self-Check-Out Form to complete Move Out.
What to Expect as you Check Out / Damages
House Corporation staff may review the condition of your room and may assess fees to restore the room to its original condition, remove excessive trash or belongings, and/or for cleaning. Please consult with your House Director to learn more about damage fees.
Please remember that NU parking policies remain in effect during move out periods. Observe all signage and regulations accordingly. All lots require permits from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekdays and some spaces are reserved 24 hours. Do not park in fire lanes or block traffic lanes while moving out. You are permitted to utilize any regular parking space in residential parking lots for two-hour parking as you are actively moving out.
Once you are done loading your vehicle it must be moved to the North or South Campus Parking Garages. Daily permits are available to any student or parent for $9.00. Daily permits can be purchased at the Parking Office or by parking in either the North or South Parking Garage. Visit the Evanston campus parking website for more information.
If you have a meal plan through NU Dining, please watch the NU Dining website for information about meals during finals week.
If you have a meal plan through your house, please consult with your House Director about meals during finals week.
Residential Services and USS have partnered to bring returning residential students discounted summer storage and shipping prices. Visit USS' website for discounted pricing and additional information.
Please contact your House Director with any additional questions.