Eligibility to Request CancellationBefore reading the details below about housing cancellations, please confirm your eligibility to submit a request:
- All incoming first-year students are required to live on campus for their first two years.
- All incoming transfer students are required to live on campus for their first year.
- Students who participate in University-sponsored programs (such as internships and Study Abroad), or who request a leave of absence, will be required to fulfill the two-year residency requirement upon their return to campus.
- Third-year and fourth-year students who have fulfilled the requirement are eligible to cancel their housing contracts prior to selecting a room during the returning student room selection process.
- Incoming first-year and transfer students as well as rising second-year students may submit a Housing & Dining Accommodation Request through the housing portal.
- Students eligible to cancel their housing contract (rising third- and fourth-year students) can request to do so via the housing portal.
- Submitting a cancellation request is not an automatic release from your contract, nor does it guarantee a release.
- Each request is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Before submitting a request, students should review our housing cancellation policy.
- If approved, and depending upon your cancellation request’s submission date, you may be responsible for a cancellation fee and/or a portion if not the entirety of the contracted rate.
Fees During the Academic Year
In addition to prorated nightly fees, all canceled contracts will be assessed a $300 cancellation fee.
Cancellation Fee Schedule for Students Approved to Live Off-Campus
|Before April 16, 2021||$0|
|April 17 – September 11||$300|
|September 11 – end of academic year||(if approved) $300 less prorated rent refund|
*Note: the cancellation fee may be waived for extenuating circumstances.