Print Management Program
Northwestern University has partnered with Ricoh as the single provider for multi-functional devices (MFD) to implement a Managed Print Service (MPS). The service, branded Northwestern Print, is a comprehensive print management program across both the Evanston and Chicago campuses for the use of faculty, staff, and students. Rioch manages the hardware multi-functional devices and Single-functional devices (SFDs) as well as the software, repairs, maintenance, installation, consumables (excludes paper), and related management & support services for the Northwestern University print output environment.
Benefits to the Northwestern Community
- Provides Northwestern University with a fully centralized and optimized Managed Print Solution (MPS) that improves printing and copy services.
- Offer a consistent, user-friendly experience for faculty, staff, and students.
- Print anywhere—release a print job at any available Northwestern Print device across campus.
- Alternative print options, including email-to-print capability and mobile printing.
- Touchless print job release - Tap to Print with Wildcards and mobile devices using QR codes.
- Provide better reporting for schools / university around printing costs.
- Improving the quality of service while reducing the costs.
- Vendor support of all Ricoh Multi-functional Devices and printer hardware.
- Ensure data security configurations meet or exceed the minimum-security requirements set forth by the University.
- Secure printing – users must authenticate to release prints.
- Secure printing reduces waste around jobs, supporting sustainability campus efforts.
- Ricoh MFD cost advantage over local or networked devices in dept / schools.
- Improve support and maintenance for print and copy services across both campuses for print devices based on service level agreements.
- Reduce total life-cycle costs by standardizing devices and per page costs, and right-sizing our fleet of copiers and printers across the University.
- Implement a process for university departments to acquire, install, operate, retire, and maintain multi-function devices.
Northwestern Print went live in July 2023 and is now providing print services to many schools and departments across both campuses. Now that the solution has been successfully implemented at Northwestern, Ricoh is working with remaining schools and departments to onboard their existing devices into Northwestern Print. We anticipate that this will be completed by the end of spring quarter.
As a part of this implementation NU Print, formerly run by the University Libraries to provide printing services for students, was also migrated to Northwestern Print. For more information about student printing services, please visit the FAQs webpage.
The target dates on the following timeline are subject to change as the onboarding progresses.
|Replacement of devices with leases expiring during FY24
|Deployment to schools, departments, non-academic units
|January 2024 – April 2024
|Kellogg migration into Northwestern print