Surplus Property Exchange
The Surplus Property Exchange is an online bulletin board where Northwestern departments can list surplus University property. Sign up for our listserv to receive an email notification when a new item is posted to on the Exchange.
Purchase an Item
Payments between departments may be made with a check or chart string. Personal payments to a department must be by check, payable to the offering department. Please notify Dessa Buglio once an item is sold or taken.
About the Surplus Property Exchange
What items can be posted?
University assets that a department no longer needs may be posted. Personal items will not be listed.
Who can participate?
Northwestern University departments, schools, faculty, and staff.
- University departments are the primary participants.
- University employees and students may bid on items for personal use only after the item has been listed for more than 30 days. After the item has been listed for more than 60 days, outside parties may participate. Please note: automobiles are not subject to the 30-day waiting period for personal purchases
- All ads in this exchange are the expression of the suppliers.
- All transactions are the responsibility of the supplier and buyer.
- Northwestern University expressly disclaims any warranty or guarantee of the quality or functionality of the items sold or of any other aspect of the item. All items are sold "as is."
- Asset Disposal Procedure Guidelines - These guidelines apply to the disposal of school and departmental assets such as computers, office equipment or furniture.
- Facilities Management's Recycling web page - A large listing of places that accept donations of books, office supplies, appliances, etc.
- Equipment Donation through STEM Partnerships - Donate your used lab equipment and computers to K-12 science teachers and students.