Supplier Contract Management
Supplier Contracts is a module within NUFinancials which serves as a central repository for purchasing related contracts created on behalf of Northwestern University. Supplier Contracts allows individuals with assigned roles to author new contracts, submit for internal and external collaboration and/or route for signature.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Contract Management Life Cycle
- Before Creating a Contract
- Training Resources
Users of the Supplier Contracts Module (SCM) will have new roles and responsibilities that are part of a contract life cycle and the system of controls to enable proper creation, collaboration, approval and execution of contracts entered into the system. Each individual within the contract life cycle provides the responsibility, knowledge and information to ensure that contracts entered into the system are authorized, accurate and auditable.
Learn more about the roles and responsibilities by reading Supplier Contract Management - Roles and Responsibilities.
The Life Cycle consist of all steps necessary to create a fully executed contract. The steps include:
- Contract Creation
- Contract Collaboration (internal and external)
- Contract Approval (when applicable)
- Contract Execution
- NUFinancials System Access- The "Supplier Contract Administrator" role under "General Access" on the General Security Access form is required to create records.
- Supplier Contracts Module Intake Form - A completed version of this form must be added as an attachment to contract records.
- Supplier Profile - A supplier must have an active profile in NUFinancials before a contract record can be created. A new supplier request must be submitted to the Vendor File Management Team.
- Confirm the appropriate contract type - Transactional or Ad Hoc.
Tracy Mrowczynski, Procurement Contracts Manager
PPS Customer Service