Personal Protective Equipment
As indicated in the August 2022 Dollars and Sense newsletter, Procurement and Payment Services (PPS) has decreased the centralized ordering and distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies. Below is how PPE needs on campus are now met:
- PPS created a multi-vendor catalog in iBuyNU that departments and schools may use to purchase PPE items as needed that they have been ordering from PPS (hand sanitizer, disposable masks, KN95 masks, disinfectant wipes, etc.). Departments and schools will pay for these supplies.
- Please note that PPE supplies are also readily available from many retailers for faculty, staff, and students to purchase on their own.
- PPE lobby stands have been removed from most buildings. Any stands that were not removed by September 9 will have supplies managed by a unit on campus. KN95 masks and surgical masks will be available from Jacobs, Norris, and 345 Superior. 5,000 Ecolab hand sanitizer dispensers have also been installed throughout all buildings on both campuses.
- If a department or school is interested in keeping a particular PPE lobby stand, please contact Jim Konrad at firstname.lastname@example.org. The department or school will be responsible for buying and paying for the supplies using the catalog in iBuyNU referenced above and for keeping the stand stocked with those supplies.
How to Order
Departments and schools may order supplies in iBuyNU:
- In iBuyNU, log-in as a Shopper or log-in as a Requester
- In the left navigation menu, select the Packages icon:
- Select the appropriate PPE package of items under Order Guide by clicking on the package name
- PPE Supplies for General Campus Use
- PPE Supplies for Lobby Stands
- Enter the quantity you wish to order and click 'Add to Cart'
- Click the Cart icon to review your selected items and either submit or assign the cart
- Departments and schools are responsible for the payment of ordered items.
- For the research community, 3-ply disposable masks can be purchased from one of the Fisher stockrooms on both campuses.
If you have any questions, contact Procurement at email@example.com.