Print Management Program Information
Equipment Replacement Process
During this phase, which has begun and runs through August 2022, Ricoh will focus on devices that are owned by the University, have expired leases, or have leases that will expire before August 2022. Devices managed by a Northwestern managed print solution (such as NUPrint) are not included.
Ricoh reaches out to the primary contact at each school, unit, or department to discuss devices that are eligible for replacement. When meeting with a unit, Ricoh gathers information about printing needs and requirements and reviews the pre-pandemic printing volume. Ricoh then recommends the appropriate MFD(s) from the standard equipment list. There will be an exception process if a non-standard device is required to address specific needs of a department.
Once MFDs have been approved, Ricoh works with the unit to complete an order and determine the timing of the install. The project’s hardware sub-group and Ricoh have developed a comprehensive checklist of topics and issues to help each unit prepare for the installation of new MFDs.
Start date is dependent on the implementation of the Ricoh managed print solution. Will include any device with a lease expiring prior to August 2022 and currently managed by a Northwestern MPS, such as NUPrint.
Any current Ricoh MFDs with a lease expiration after August 2022.
Any current non-Ricoh MFDs with a lease expiration after August 2022.
Printing Standards for Northwestern Print
Visit the Standard MFDs webpage to learn more about Ricoh’s recommendation for each unit.
This project will be managed and run by Ricoh. Due to the complexity of the project, it is necessary to have broad representation and participation across the Northwestern community. In addition to a steering committee, numerous subcommittees are working with the Ricoh project team and with Northwestern IT to move this work forward.
Executive sponsor: Luke Figora
Project sponsor: Jim Konrad
Ricoh project manager: Carly Hawkins
Ricoh sales rep: Bill Jepson
Northwestern project coordinator: Bob Trautvetter
- Amanda Barlow-Reynolds, Kellogg School of Management
- Christel Bridges, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Steve DiDomenico, Student Affairs
- Brandon Grill, Northwestern IT
- Julian Koh, Northwestern IT
- Jim Konrad, Procurement and Payment Services
- Jonathan Love, Medill School of Journalism
- Andrew M Ludington, Northwestern IT
- David Marsh, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Sachin Patel, School of Professional Studies
- Michael Satut, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
- Matt Stork, Northwestern University Library
- Bob Trautvetter, Northwestern University Library
- Sheila Watkins, Procurement and Payment Services
- Kristin McLean, McCormick School of Engineering
- John P. Arends, School of Communications
- Financial Group
- Hardware Logistics
- Student / Guest Printing
- Technical / Security Group
- Training / Support
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the FAQ webpage to learn more about the Ricoh MPS Project.
PPS Newsletter Archive