Lab Coat Laundry Services
Morgan Laundry Services provides laundry services for the labs and research community in Evanston and Chicago. Once enrolled in the program, you can charge the service to your Northwestern chart string. For customer owned lab coats, Morgan will pick up and deliver customer-owned garments to established centralized pick up/drop off points. If an individual department’s volume meets minimum requirements, location specific service can be established. Linen Rental Service including rental lab coats, scrubs, towels, bedsheets, etc., is also available.
Free Laundry Program
You may pick-up clean lab coats free of charge through the Office of Research Safety Laundry Program. Drop-off and pick-up locations are at the Chicago stockroom and Evanston ORS office. More information can be found on the ORS website.
Please note this free laundry program only applies to generic lab coats with a Northwestern logo. Users may drop off a dirty coat and take a clean one of the same size. No personalized coats will be accepted.
For Customer Owned Lab Coats
If an individual department’s volume meets minimum requirements, location specific service can be established. For more information, contact Missy Fortener at FortenerM@morganservices.com.
- Complete the Customer Owned Lab Coat Services Enrollment Form (pdf) to enroll in the program.
- The FIRST time that you send a soiled garment for processing, print a copy of the enrollment form and place it in a bag along with the coat to be laundered. If you have multiple garments from the same owner, place them all in one bag with the printed copy of the enrollment form.
- In addition, please email the form to Morgan via the submit button on the bottom of the form.
- Place your soiled garments at one of the drop points in your area (look for the baskets with yellow bags) or in the stockroom on your campus. See Specific Drop Off and Delivery Locations below.
Morgan will process the form and send a confirmation email. Morgan will attach a unique bar code to the inside collar of customer-owned lab coats.
For Rental Linen and Garments
For Morgan to establish Rental Linen services, minimum volume requirements must be met. For more information, contact Missy Fortener at FortenerM@morganservices.com.
1. Complete the Rental Laundry Services Enrollment Form Rental Laundry Services Enrollment - Form (pdf).
Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures
- Each customer-owned item will be assigned a barcode that has your name and department associated with it.
- Place your soiled garments at one of the drop points in your area or in the stockroom on your campus. Pick-ups occur on a weekly basis. Cleaned garments will be placed at the drop point in your area the following week.
- All linens and lab coats are processed in compliance with bloodborne pathogens using universal precautions. Be sure to remove any items in the coats before placing in the bag.
Delivery Times & Locations
Pick-up of dirty linens and drop-off of clean linens will be on a weekly schedule:
- Chicago campus: Thursdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Evanston campus: Fridays between 9:00 and 5:00 pm
In the event of a holiday, service will on the day prior to the scheduled service day.
Drop-off and Delivery locations:
- Chicago campus: Stockroom (Searle/Morton B-652), Multiple drop-off/delivery locations near labs and departments
- Evanston campus: Stockroom (Tech KG-48), Center for Comparative Medicine
- Button Replacement: Attach a note to the individual garment indicating the need for button replacement.
- Repairs: Attach a note to the individual garment indicating the need for repair.
Once enrolled in the program, you can charge the service to your Northwestern chart string. Each department will be billed internally by Auxiliary Services at the end of each month.
Note: In most cases, laundry service is not allowed as a direct charge to a grant. Please provide a non-sponsored chart string for billing. Contact your grant administrator for assistance. A list of grant administrators is available on the ASRSP website.
Service/Procedure Questions: Missy Fortener, Morgan Services, Area Sales Manager.
FortenerM@morganservices.com or 773.247.8700
Billing Questions: Theresa McClain, Auxiliary Services, at 3-0510
To provide feedback, complete our Online Comment Card.