Virtual AdvisingOISS is pleased to offer virtual advisement for current international students and scholars on Wednesday afternoons. Please see the appropriate section below for instructions on how to connect virtually with your OISS advisor during Web-in Wednesday hours.
Web-in Wednesdays for Students
Web-in Wednesdays (12 - 4 PM) are a great way to connect with an OISS student advisor for a quick question via Zoom. Important points:
- Web-in Wednesdays are offered for all current international students except for master's level or exchange students in the Kellogg School of Management.
- Kellogg students should contact the Kellogg International Advising Team at email@example.com.
- If you have a complicated case or need more time, we'll refer you to your assigned advisor for a scheduled appointment.
- Current hours for virtual advisement are 12:00 - 4:00 PM (CST) every Wednesday except university holidays or break periods. Note: Web-in-Wednesday is CANCELLED on December 27, 2023.
- Students will be helped in the order of joining the virtual call.
Web-in & Walk in Wednesdays for Scholars
Virtual and in-person advising is available to current international scholars on Wednesdays between 12:00 - 1:00 PM (CST) except university holidays and break periods.
Note: Web-in-Wednesday is CANCELLED on December 27, 2023.
Web-in/Walk-in Wednesdays are offered for scholars sponsored on a J-1, H-1B, E-3, or TN visa. All advisors will be available in person at OISS at 1902 Sheridan Road and by their Zoom links as shown below. Find your assigned OISS Scholar Advisor on the OISS staff page.
Scholars joining by Zoom will be helped in the order they join the virtual call.
Click on your assigned Scholar Advisor below to join connect via Zoom - Wednesdays, 12 - 1 PM (CST)