Graduate International Student Orientation
Exact dates of GISO will be announced in spring 2023. Please check back!
About the Event
G-ISO 2023 Schedule
To be announced!
How do I sign up for GISO?
After your immigration document (I-20 or DS-2019) is issued, you will automatically move to the “Pre-Arrival” stage in the OISS portal and you will see new request options appear in the Requests & Documents section (tab #3) of your profile in the OISS Portal. These options include GISO Sign Up . Click on GISO Sign up request icon and complete the required information. The option to sign up for orientation will be available AFTER your immigration document is issued. We begin issuing immigration documents for newly admitted Fall 2023 students after March 15, 2023.
- All non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. immigrant travelers arriving in the U.S. from a foreign country must have proof of an acceptable COVID-19 vaccination. See the CDC website for additional information.
- Review the Travel to Northwestern webpage for guidance on local airports and arrival to campus.
- All F-1 and J-1 with an initial I-20 or DS-2019, including transfer students, are permitted to enter the United States 30 days before the program start date listed on their documents.
COVID-19 VaccinationThe COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students at Northwestern. Please review details of NU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement. Students, faculty and staff are required to follow policies, protocols and guidance designed to protect everyone’s health. Essential information:
- You will need to complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Form to register for classes. You will be required to comply BEFORE you will be able to register for classes.
- You will submit the required COVID-19 Vaccination Form either to report your vaccination or to request an exception so that you can arrive and receive the vaccine locally.
- Review the COVID-19 FAQs for International Students for complete information on NU COVID-19 policies and requirements.
- Review New Student FAQs for frequently asked questions and answers on other topics.