GEMS World Academy
About the school
- GEMS World Academy-Chicago is a premier independent school in the heart of downtown serving students from preschool through the 12th grade. The high school will be housed in a brand new, state-of-the-art building on the Chicago River.
- At GEMS, our mission is to inspire inquiring, knowledgeable, reflective, and intercultural learners to become morally responsible leaders with the skills and attributes necessary to create a more connected and prosperous world.
- We are an International Baccalaureate World School and Illinois’s only private school offering an IB continuum from preschool through twelfth grade.
- Other curriculum highlights include Field Studies, Chicago Curriculum, experiential and inquiry-based learning. In doing so, we are able to equip students with a “passport for success in life” as they apply and extend classroom concepts to real-world contexts. We encourage students to challenge conventions and become the change-agents of tomorrow.
- See Inside GEMS:
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:000 PM (arrival and dismissal times vary by grade level)
- Before school care from 7:15 AM and after school extracurricular activities available until 6:00 PM
- Camps are available during the summer break.
For Northwestern families
- GEMS World Academy Chicago offers a 20% tuition discount to current Northwestern University benefits-eligible faculty and staff with children enrolled in GEMS’s preschool through 12th grade programs. This discount would not apply to any additional costs, fees, or special tuition scholarship promotions.
- Families would still be able to apply for financial aid, and this Northwestern discount would count towards the amount that a family might qualify for.
- For more information, to schedule a visit, register for a virtual event, or to enroll, visit https://www.gemschicago.org/Visit or contact email@example.com. Please mention your affiliation with Northwestern when contacting GEMS.
GEMS World Academy Chicago
Adriana Mourgelas, Director of Admissions
350 E. South Water Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Northwestern University Office of Human Resources does not endorse or recommend any particular school or childcare center, and encourages all parents to carefully evaluate any provider they are considering to care for their child.