In addition to protecting your personal information, Direct Deposit guarantees that your payroll will be deposited automatically to your bank account each pay day without the worry of cashing or depositing paper checks.
- Direct Deposit may be routed to U.S. financial institutions
- You are able to split your payroll between multiple bank accounts.
- If you are being paid by Northwestern and have an active NetID, you may submit or change your Direct Deposit online any time.
Enroll in Direct Deposit
Submit your Direct Deposit online in myHR
To protect sensitive personal information all employees, including new hires, should directly enter their Direct Deposit information into myHR online.
- Once logged in, select the Pay tile and the Direct Deposit option.
- Please enroll in direct deposit at least seven days before your first pay date to allow for processing time.
Completing your Direct Deposit Request online ensures that your changes are processed immediately and without the need to send documentation required for enrollment by paper form.
If you cannot access myHR: Submit Direct Deposit on paper
If you are unable to complete your Direct Deposit online, complete and submit a paper Direct Deposit form.
- Download the Direct Deposit Form.
- Please type or print legibly, attach required documentation (see below), and allow five (5) business days for processing.
- To ensure accuracy, all forms require an attached voided check or bank-generated printout containing routing and account information. (Deposit slips and bank statements do not contact the necessary information and cannot be submitted.)
If you prefer to receive your payment via a paper check, please ensure that your work and home addresses are updated/correct in myHR.
- Paper checks for regular employees will be mailed to the official University office address on file.
- Paper checks for temporary and work-study employees will be sent to the U.S. Home (Illinois) address on record in HR.