In addition to protecting your personal information, Direct Deposit guarantees that your payroll will be deposited automatically to your bank account each pay day without the worry of cashing or depositing paper checks.
- Direct Deposit may be routed to U.S. financial institutions
- You are able to split your payroll between multiple bank accounts.
- If you are being paid by Northwestern and have an active NetID, you may submit or change your Direct Deposit online any time.
Enroll in Direct Deposit
Submit your Direct Deposit online in myHR
To protect sensitive personal information all employees, including new hires, should directly enter their Direct Deposit information into myHR online.
- Once logged in, select the Pay tile and the Direct Deposit option.
- Follow the on-screen options to add or re-order your accounts; to edit, click the appropriate row.
- Please note: You must have at least one “Remaining Balance” account at all times. While it cannot be deleted/re-added, it can be edited by clicking the row and changing the existing information.
- Please enroll in direct deposit at least seven days before your first pay date to allow for processing time.
Completing your Direct Deposit Request online ensures that your changes are processed immediately and without the need to send documentation required for enrollment by paper form.
If you have trouble managing your Direct Deposit in myHRYou may visit our Evanston campus in person, with a photo ID, for assistance entering your Direct Deposit information:
- Location: 1800 Sherman Avenue, 1st Floor, Evanston
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm (excluding university holidays and winter recess)
If you prefer to receive your payment via a paper check, please ensure that your work and home addresses are updated/correct in myHR.
- Paper checks for regular employees will be mailed to the official University office address on file.
- Paper checks for temporary and work-study employees will be sent to the U.S. Home (Illinois) address on record in HR.