How to Apply
We are excited that you are interested in taking a Northwestern direction. Submitting an application is an important first step whether you are looking for staff, temporary or faculty positions. The information below will help guide you through the process.
Searching for job openings
- Use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow your results by type of opening, location, school/unit, or job category.
- Use the Keywords box to search by Job ID number, Job Title, or relevant words in a job description.
- Save jobs that are of interest by clicking the icon to the right of the opening or at the top of the job description. You can return to your favorite jobs by clicking the My Favorite Jobs link at the top of the page.
Creating a profile
External applicants must create a profile before applying for jobs for the first time.
- Click New User and follow the instructions to establish your profile. Be sure to enter your formal name and contact information as these will be used for any application you submit.
- If you have a profile, simply click the Sign In link at the top of the screen.
Applying for a job
When you've identified a job to which you'd like to apply, click the Apply button at the bottom of the job description and follow the application steps.
- Strong written communication skills are important for many departments. We recommend you include a position-specific cover letter, in addition to your resume, to supplement your application.
- Pay close attention when completing the education section of the application. This information will be used to evaluate if you qualify for a position, and will be verified if you are offered a position.
- Prior to submitting your application, you will have an opportunity to review your submission. Please review carefully to ensure the information being submitted is accurate and complete.
- You will receive a confirmation email immediately after your application is submitted. If you become a candidate of interest, a hiring manager or Talent Acquisition Partner will contact you directly for next steps.
- At any point during this process, you may choose to save your application and return to it later. Simply click the Save as Draft button and then click Exit to return to the main job listing. To finish your application at a later date, click the My Activities link from the top of the job search screen.
Withdrawing an application
If at any time you wish to withdraw yourself from consideration, view your active applications in My Activities, click the Withdraw button and follow the prompts.
Update your contact information
To update the name, address, email, and phone number(s) associated with your application, click My Contact Information from the top of the job search screen, edit the appropriate information and click Save. This will update the contact information on all of your existing applications and any future ones.