Open Enrollment will be from 8:00 am on Monday, October 24 to 5:00 pm on Friday, November 11. All changes made during this time period will be effective January 1, 2023.
Open Enrollment is the time during the year where benefits-eligible faculty and staff are able to make changes to their enrollment elections, when changes for next plan year are announced, and when elections for Flexible Spending Accounts are made. Outside of Open Enrollment, changes can only be made to your elections if you or a family member experiences an IRS Qualifying Event.
The choices you make during Open Enrollment shape the benefits that will be working for you and your family throughout the coming year. With that in mind, it’s important to thoughtfully consider your coverage options – and your personal benefit needs – and to choose well.
Northwestern has partnered with PerkSpot to offer faculty and staff and their family members discounts from 900+ merchants nationwide. When you register with PerkSpot you can access discounts and exclusive offers on a wide range of goods and services. See PerkSpot.
- Benefits Highlights Brochure
- 2023 Benefits Guide
- Health & Welfare Enrollment/Change Step-by-Step Guide
Do You Need to Participate in Open Enrollment?
We encourage you to review your current coverage options to ensure they meet your needs and the needs of your family in the coming year.
- If you do not want an FSA or HSA for 2023, you do not need to do anything.
- If you do want an FSA or HSA, you must re-enroll every year. If you do not re-enroll, you will not receive benefits in 2023.
- If you want to change coverage for 2023 you must take action during Open Enrollment.
How to Access Health & Welfare Open Enrollment
- Log in to the myHR Self Service Portal using your NetID and password. - Problems Logging In? Or log in via your cell phone using the Benefitplace app
- Select the Benefits tile and then click My Health Benefits Elections on the left side of the screen. If nothing happens, you will need to turn off your pop-up blocker. Pop-Up Blocker Guide
- Click the Enroll Now button on the right side of screen. A step-by-step guide is available to assist you through the enrollment process
Recorded Information Session
Questions can be sent to askHR@northwestern.edu or by phone: 847-491-4700.