Additional Pay Process
Background on recent updates
The process and guidelines for submitting Additional Pay and Bonus requests for staff are detailed below. Add Pay requests that are outside of the guidelines provided below require HR approval. All Bonus requests are subject to further review.
- Interim Pay
- EXS Grades 5-10 – 3-5% of monthly salary per month
- EXS Grades 11-18 – 5-15% of monthly salary per month
- NEX and ITS guidelines coming soon.
- 3-5% of salary guideline
- Supplemental Pay, Awards, Temporary Assignments/Interim, etc
- No more than $2,500 per month.
- Supplemental Pay, Awards, Temporary/Interim Assignments, etc
- Amounts > $2,500 – If outside interim pay guidelines detailed above, your request will be reviewed by HR prior to authorizing payment.
- Amounts < $2,500 - No HR approval needed.
- If submitting Add Pay request via myHR, the request will route to HR Ops for payment. If your unit is not deployed for Add Pay in myHR, please use the paper Additional Pay Form and upload at HR Operations Online Upload.
- Bonuses (All)
IMPORTANT NOTE: After request has gone through all internal approval processes required within your school/unit, please allow 5-7 business days for HR review.
Submit an Additional Pay request
- Administrators with access to Online Additional Pay should log in to myHR to submit requests for faculty, staff and students.
- If your area is not yet authorized to use the online system, please submit a signed paper Additional Pay Form . The form must be signed by the Associate Dean or Head of Administration for the unit submitting the request.
- If requesting additional pay for non-exempt employees, please review the Additional Pay for Non-Exempt Employees instructions.
- If requesting additional pay on sponsored projects, additional justification is needed (upload as attachments to the Online Additional Pay request in myHR, or include these in addition ot the completed Additional Pay Form if submitting via email):
- REQUIRED: Justification for Additional Pay from Sponsored Projects; Additional Pay Rate of Pay Calculator and supporting documentation (e.g. myHR salary panel screenshot or market competitive rate support); and final budget justification.
- AS APPLICABLE: relevant sponsor documentation; Over 90 Day Memo
We are pleased to announce that other enhancements were implemented based on suggestions and feedback from the community.
- Research Subject Fees: Payments for Research Subject Fees (account code 60105) no longer require Home Department, OSR, or ASRSP approval in myHR. A Sponsored Justification Form is not required when providing Research Subject Fees from a sponsored account.
- Biweekly Timesheets: Payments to biweekly staff members no longer require a Kronos timesheet attachment. HR Payroll will review the timesheet in Kronos to determine possible overtime for any approved requests; the paying department is responsible for understanding that overtime may be a factor in payments to biweekly staff.
- “Hours of Work” Field: To assist HR Payroll with overtime calculations and hours tracking, a new “Hours of Work” field is required for most biweekly staff payments.
- Service End Date for Graduate Students: Like monthly staff and faculty payments, requests for non-sponsored payments to graduate students may be entered with a future Service End Date. The approved Graduate Student Work Authorization Form is still required.