Bennett Day School
About the school
- Bennett Day School is an independent, progressive PreK-12 grade school in Chicago’s West Town neighborhood.
- At Bennett Day School, our mission is to provide a collaborative culture that nurtures our innate sense of inquiry and curiosity. We are committed to advancing creativity, innovation, and the development of lifelong learners and leaders.
- Our approach is rooted in the ideals of progressive education and the tenets of Reggio Emilia.
- All-inclusive tuition includes lunches, snacks, school supplies, technology, field trips, hearing/vision screenings, and other ancillary expenses.
- As a tax-paying social enterprise, Bennett Day School does not rely on any parent giving to support its academic day.
- Camps available during the school year (when school is not in session) and the summer.
- Morning and after school care available.
- School hours: 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for PreK (or 2:45 pm if full day); 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. for grades K-8; and 9:00 a.m to 3:45 p.m. for grades 9-12.
For Northwestern families
- Bennett Day School offers a 20% tuition discount to benefits-eligible faculty and staff of Northwestern University. This discount would not apply to any additional costs or fees. Families would still be able to apply for financial aid, and this Northwestern discount would count towards the amount that a family might qualify for.
- For more information, to schedule a visit or to enroll, visit bennettday.org/visitus. Contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. with questions about the application or admissions process.
Bennett Day School
955 W. Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60642
Northwestern University Office of Human Resources does not endorse or recommend any particular school or childcare center, and encourages all parents to carefully evaluate any provider they are considering to care for their child.