Sitters and Tutors Network
Northwestern University recognizes the importance of having dependent care resources for families across the community. In order to best support families and their dependents, the Sitters and Tutors network was created to offer students, faculty, and staff a platform to seek sitting and tutoring services within the community.
What is the Sitters & Tutors Network?
The Sitters & Tutors Network is a site which is only accessible with a Northwestern Net ID for active faculty, staff, and students. On this platform, students seek sitting and tutoring jobs while staff, faculty, and student parents may seek sitters and tutors.
How does it work?
- Visit the Sitters and Tutors network site.
- Create an account.
- Select JOIN from the top menu. You will be prompted to answer a series of questions to open an account and gain access to the network.
- Northwestern students can search for jobs, and Northwestern faculty, staff and student parents can search for sitters and tutors.
- Northwestern email addresses are included on the job listings and profiles. Send an email to connect with sitters, tutors or job posters.
- Check out this Care.com article on the best questions and tips to interview for a nanny/sitter.
- This GreatSchools article also features some points to consider when hiring a tutor.
- Looking to learn how to best communicate with parents as a sitter or tutor? This article has some strategies as best practices for this type of relationship.
- Northwestern University Sitters & Tutor Network acts only as a “posting board” and does not conduct background checks on sitters or tutors, or those individuals seeking the assistance of Northwestern sitters and tutors.
- The responsibility for background checks, including resume verifications and references, rests exclusively with individual posting board users. The Northwestern Sitters & Tutor Network posting board is not a Northwestern program or service, and Northwestern is not responsible for any postings to the website.
- The fact that Northwestern hosts this posting board does not create an employment and/or contractual relationship of any kind between Northwestern and any posting board user, nor does Northwestern act as a guarantor of users or services provided.
Questions or feedback?
We would love to hear about your experience! Connect with us to share any questions or feedback at email@example.com. For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.