Well-being Grants are sponsored by the Office of Human Resources. Grants are intended to help support the well-being of faculty and staff by providing funding for well-being activities, events and/or space. All faculty and staff are encouraged to submit applications on behalf of their school, department, unit or affinity group.
- Apply for funding up to $500; there is a pool of $2,000 available fall-spring quarters.
- The number of grants awarded each quarter will vary based on the number of applications and request amounts.
- There is not a grant cycle for the summer quarter.
- Grants must address at least of one of the eight dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, spiritual, vocational or financial.
- The activity, space, or event must be open to all employees.
- The activity or event cannot have already take place.
- Supervisor support is required.
- Grant recipients must commit to completing an Outcome Evaluation.
- A series of evaluations are to be submitted for a funded wellness space.
- If a wellness space is funded, a 2-year commitment to maintain the space is required.
- If your grant is funded, there is a 1-year waiting period to reapply (i.e. if funded in fall 2022, you will be eligible to apply in fall 2023).
- Grant funds may be used for the following: exercise equipment, team-building activities, workshops and more!
- For reference, the following requests were funded previously:
- Portable exercise peddlers
- Weekly delivery of healthy lunches
- Virtual painting workshop
- Items for office outdoor space
- Week of wellness activities
- Group wellness initiative
- View Grant Ideas for additional suggestions.
- Well-being Grant Application
- Provide detailed information such as metric examples, references and logistics related to your request to help strengthen your application.
- Upon receiving your application, you will receive notification of receipt.
- See the timeline below.
- Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, February 6, 2023.
- Application deadline is Friday, March 3, 2023.
- Applicant may be contacted if additional information or clarification is needed to support the application.
- Applicant will be provided with a decision regarding their application by Friday, March 17, 2022 by 5 p.m.
If your grant is funded, you will be provided with purchasing procedures upon receiving notification of application approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit FAQs to find answers to commonly asked questions about the wellness grants program.