Vehicle Rental Changes
March 28, 2019
Procurement is working with Facilities to implement a new program to facilitate the short term rental of vehicles. It will allow you to rent vehicles directly from Enterprise Car Rental and will be rolled out in April.
We are pleased to announce that a new program to facilitate the short term rental of vehicles that used to be provided through the Northwestern Motor Pool will be coming soon. You will be able to rent vehicles directly from Enterprise Car Rental. Below are some additional details:
- A validated chart string is required to make a reservation
- All reservations will be made with Enterprise directly
- Reservations will be made by the renter using an Enterprise web portal
- Vehicles will need to be picked up directly from the branch selected during the reservation process (Maple Avenue or Green Bay Road in Evanston, or the Gold Coast State Street location in Chicago)
- Vehicles will need to be returned to the same branch location
- Pricing is based on the Big Ten contract
- Procurement will be invoiced by Enterprise for all rentals every two weeks through a consolidated bill file that includes each department’s chart string. A journal entry will be generated to charge each department for their rental.
Watch for an official announcement in April. If you have any questions, please contact Procurement and Payment Services at 847.491.8120 or email@example.com. You may also contact Sheila Watkins, Procurement Administrator, at 847.491.8125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.