New Short Term Vehicle Rental Program
August 7, 2019
We are pleased to announce a new program for short term (1-7 day) vehicle rentals in place of the Northwestern Motor Pool. Effective August 5, 2019, faculty and staff are able to rent vehicles directly from Enterprise Car Rental.
Key benefits of the new program are as follows:
- All reservations are made directly with Enterprise.
- Vehicles are picked up directly from and returned to the branch selected during the reservation process (Maple Avenue is the preferred Evanston location with Green Bay Road also available, while Gold Coast State Street is the preferred Chicago location).
- Pricing is still heavily discounted based on the competitively awarded Big Ten contract with Enterprise.
- Rental costs will be directly charged to your chart string.
- Branches have weekend hours to facilitate pickups and returns.
- Access the Enterprise reservation page through the Vehicle Rental page on the Northwestern travel website. Use the ‘Business Use - local pickup’ option.
- Northwestern staff reserving a vehicle on behalf of a student group will need to use the ‘Student Group/Student Organization’ reservation page.
- If multiple vehicles need to be rented at the same time for the same time period, please call or email one of the three Enterprise branches referenced above to make your reservation.
- A validated chart string is required for ALL reservations.
- When creating the online reservation, your validated chartstring is automatically copied to your clipboard. While completing the reservation, remember to paste the validated chartstring directly into the chartstring field on the Enterprise reservation form without removing or editing any characters.
- Procurement will generate journal entries approximately twice a month to charge each department for their rentals.
- Please note Northwestern provides the mandatory insurance at a rate of $10 per day. The insurance is charged to your chartstring.
- Avoid parking the rental car anywhere on campus during normal business hours before 4:00 PM. Renters are encouraged to pick up vehicles after 4:00 PM. If the vehicle needs to be parked on campus during normal business hours, you must purchase a daily permit from the Parking office or obtain one from your department/school.
Please visit the Vehicle Rental page for additional information and to begin the reservation process. If you have any questions, please contact Procurement and Payment Services at 847.491.8120 or email@example.com. You may also contact Sheila Watkins, Procurement Administrator, at 847.491.8125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.