American Express Personal Liability Credit Card Program Discontinued
December 13, 2018
Northwestern is continually evaluating its overall procurement strategy to ensure effective and efficient programs are in place for the community. As a result of recent enhancements to the University’s Corporate Card, the decision has been made to discontinue American Express personal liability program. Effective December 31, 2018 all Northwestern American Express cards will be deactivated.
Current American Express cardholders must note that your American Express card is a personal liability card, and you are responsible for paying the remaining balance in accordance with your card statement due date. You will also need to expend all points accumulated on the current AMEX card as they are not transferable to another AMEX card program. Below are options you may wish to pursue:
- If you are not a current Corporate Card cardholder:
- In place of a personal liability card we are pleased to offer an enhanced University liability Corporate Card that can be enabled for your Northwestern business related travel (please note: this requires department/school approval). If you are interested in applying or would like more information about the program, please visit the Northwestern Corporate Card website.
- If you are a current Corporate Card cardholder:
- Corporate Card cardholders now have the option to apply to have travel enabled on your card for your Northwestern business related travel (please note: this requires department/school approval). Please visit the Northwestern Corporate Card website for more information.
- If you are interested in applying for another American Express card to be strictly used as a personal credit card unaffiliated with Northwestern, please visit the American Express website.
If you have any questions or would like your card immediately deactivated, please contact Joseph Stolz in Treasury Operations at 847.467.4962 or email@example.com.