Egencia is Northwestern's preferred online travel booking tool. Northwestern's partnership with Egencia streamlines your travel booking process and helps to manage travel costs and reduce transaction fees
Benefits and Fees
Egencia's Online Portal allows Northwestern faculty and staff to:
- Book airfare, hotels, and/or rental cars and receive Northwestern's discounted rates when applicable
- Directly bill airfare and some hotels to your unit/department chart string
- Make an online reservation without incurring a booking fee to your unit/department (the exception is a small fee for booking a Southwest Airlines flight)
For additional information about services and specific fees when using Egencia, please visit the Travel Agencies page.
Ready to Book Travel?
Notice: Beginning in spring 2017, Egencia will provide a drop-down option for your Fund and Department ID when directly billing to a University chart string. Until this is in place, please carefully review your entered chart string for errors before completing the reservation. If you have any questions about this update, please contact Travel Services, at 847.491.7569 or email@example.com
New to Egencia?
Some Tips and Resources for booking travel on Egencia are provided below.
All full-time faculty and staff gain automatic access to Egencia and may Log In at any time using their NetID and password. (Note: it may take a couple of weeks after new hire orientation for new hires to gain access to the system. If you are a new hire and do not have access to Egencia after two weeks, please contact Travel Services at 847-491-7569).
Graduate students, whose travel is paid for by Northwestern, and part-time/temporary employees who are traveling on behalf of the University are also eligible to book University travel through Egencia but are not automatically provided access.
If you have graduate students or part-time/temporary employees who require access to Egencia, please fill out this Excel Spreadsheet and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you can put more than one student/temporary employee on the form and access rights can be assigned for as long as three years. After the form is reviewed it will be loaded into Egencia and the student/employee will be contacted with instructions. Please do not move or delete columns on the spreadsheet. Please call Travel Services at 847-491-7569 if you have any questions.
- On-Demand Training Video Content – On-Demand video content for Travelers, Arrangers, and Travel Managers can now be found HERE. These are short clips meant to assist clients who may not have time to attend a full training, or those who are looking for specific information around using Egencia tools.
- Egencia Quick Start Guide
- Booking Hotels on Egencia
- Egencia FAQs
- On-Campus Training Session: View Recording and Presentation Slides
- Egencia Webinar for the Northwestern community
Egencia also offers general training opportunities for travelers and travel arrangers. Click the links below to select a live webinar that fits your schedule, or view previously recorded sessions.
Egencia Customer Service
Egencia provides 24-hour access to knowledgeable agents who can access your profile and provide you with customized support. Please note, there is a Fee for every agent-assisted call about a booked reservation.
Contact Travel Services
For more information on Egencia training or other travel-related matters, please contact Travel Services.