The Payment Request) process is a way to request payment for services when the transaction does not warrant the issuance of an official Purchase Order to a vendor, for direct-billed contracted services, for services for which it is the normal practice to pay in advance, and for certain special payments such as recurring or international. It is primarily a way to request a check.
Specific examples include:
- Direct Payment Requests
- Registration fees
- Membership dues
- Repairs (unplanned, emergency)
- Research subject fees
- Hotel charges when hosting a conference or academic function
- Payments to NU affiliated organizations (i.e. NMH, NMFF, etc.)
- Contracted, direct-billed services from individuals or contract staffing agency fees (the Contracted Services Form should be attached)
- Visitor travel reimbursements
The Payment Request process is NOT to be used as a method to pay invoices for products or services after the fact when a Purchase Order should have been issued and sent to the vendor at the beginning of the transaction. Contact PPS to discuss alternate payment options.
Note: The following examples still require that departments/schools fill out the paper/hard copy DPR, which then need to be sent to Accounts Payable with all appropriate documentation:
- International check or wire payments
- Open or replenish a petty cash fund