Accounts Payable Reminders
December 3, 2021
Procurement and Payment Services (PPS) has compiled a list of important Accounts Payable Reminders:
When entering your chartstring on payment requests for research subjects, remember to use the research subject account code, which is either 78660 or 78666. Using the correct account code allows the workflow to skip Accounts Payable, ensuring a timely approval and payment process.
PPS recently worked with NUIT to transition the printing and mailing of checks to our primary banking partner, which is Chase. 99% of all vendor-, HR-, and student-related checks are now printed and mailed directly to the recipient by Chase. Therefore, departments and schools should minimize requests to hold checks for pick up as they are no longer printed by Accounts payable.
If you have any questions, please contact Gary Ernsteen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.491.2781.
In March, a New Invoicing System was implemented. Since the new system has been in place, the turnaround time for invoice processing has improved dramatically. To ensure the timeliest payment possible, please remember the following:
- Always review the ‘invoice send back’ emails titled: Vendor Invoice requiring your attention
- These email notifications will come from email@example.com, which is an unmonitored system email address.
- The email includes a detailed description on why the invoice cannot be processed, and what action steps are required.
- Please do not reply to the email, but rather contact Accounts Payable at 847.491.7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Do not submit an invoice more than one time
- The duplication of invoice submissions will slow down invoice processing.
- Invoices should be submitted only one time to: email@example.com.
- A report will soon be used to identify users who submit invoices several times.
- The new invoice email address is to be used for invoice submissions only
- Additional general guidance regarding submitting an invoice for payment
- PUR must be included as part of the Purchase Order number on the invoice.
- Do not highlight any information on the invoice before emailing it, as it blocks the text underneath and therefore it cannot be picked up by the OCR.
- Black and white invoices work best.
If you have any questions, please contact Accounts Payable at 847.491.7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.