Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Updates
December 10, 2020
Procurement would like to share new information regarding Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE Supply Update - Gloves
- Fisher Scientific PPE Price Increases and Nitrile Glove update
- Overture PPE in iBuyNU
Please note that Procurement and Payment Services will no longer be stocking vinyl gloves for distribution to departments and schools, therefore they will no longer be on the order form. The reasons are as follows:
- Vinyl gloves have not been recommended for everyday use as a mitigating factor to the spread of Covid-19. Wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands, and using hand sanitizer when necessary is what is recommended.
- Vinyl gloves were being offered and provided for use with disinfecting wipes and sprays.
- The Diversey Oxiver TB disinfectant wipes that we have standardized on now do not require the use of gloves or eye protection.
Departments and schools that need vinyl or nitrile gloves (for use in labs, health service locations, etc.) can be ordered directly from the following vendors, all of which are in iBuyNU:
- DOT Scientific
If you have a specific use case for vinyl gloves and need assistance obtaining them, please contact Kim Li at email@example.com.
Due to global raw material shortages certain COVID impacted items will see a price increase starting on 1/1/21. Higher prices will be reflected in the Fisher catalog. Impacted items are listed at https://www.fishersci.com/us/en/covid19-supply-pricing-updates.html
There has been an especially large supply shortage of nitrile gloves and December orders will be impacted as follows:
- Saturday December 12: All nitrile glove SKUs will be discontinued in the Fisher Scientific system (No orders will be accepted)
- Monday December 14: Open orders for nitrile gloves will start to be cancelled
- Friday January 1, 2021: Product SKUs will be activated for nitrile gloves (orders will begin to be accepted)
In the meantime there is a limited supply of nitrile gloves available through the on-campus Fisher stockrooms. Please inquire with the Fisher stockrooms or Mike Gorack firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
For questions about this contract, contact Kim Li at email@example.com
Overture Promotions, one of Northwestern’s Preferred Vendors for Promotional Products, now offers Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a hosted iBuyNU catalog. The catalog includes items such as reusable face masks and branded 1oz clip hand sanitizers. Visit iBuyNU to browse the full catalog offerings. For product questions, contact our Overture Promotions dedicated representative.
For questions about the Promotional Product contracts, contact Julie Maul at firstname.lastname@example.org.