The New iBuyNU
For current information, read the iBuyNU Update news article published May 26, 2020 >
August 7, 2019
- ‘Real-time’ search capability for many of the supplier catalogs
- Federated search capability allows customers to search for a product across all catalog types
- New ‘shared-cart’ functionality allows multiple users or groups to add products to a cart before assigning to their business manager or administrator to create a requisition
- Easier ability for requesters to reassign carts to other colleagues
- You will still have the ability to browse individual preferred vendor catalogs
- Listed below are future enhancements that will improve the usability on iBuyNU.
- The ability for a user to pre-define members in a group cart.
- The ability for a user to reclaim and edit assigned shopping carts.
- The ability for draft carts to be created and saved for future submission and processing.
- The ability for shoppers to receive out of office messages from iBuyNU when their assigned requesters is not available.
We’ve generally received positive feedback about the new iBuyNU. Listed below are a few suggested enhancements submitted by end users or changes we feel would make iBuyNU even better. All suggestions have been submitted to Aquiire for review:
- Supplier Punchout Icon – increase the size of the punchout icon.
- Search and Filter – Improve the search and filter functionality for carts, invoicing and purchase orders.
- iBuyNU Assigned Cart Notification – Remove embedded link to decrease confusion for requesters.
Things to know
- New Fisher Stockroom on Chicago Campus – Fisher has opened up a new stockroom on the Chicago campus in the Simpson Querry building. We’ve also enabled a stockroom catalog in iBuyNU for purchases. If you have questions, please contact our Fisher Account Rep, Mike Gorack at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The BD Bioscience punchout catalog is now available in iBuyNU.
- Cell Signaling catalog is now a punchout catalog with FREE shipping.
- In the notes section of the Assign Cart page, we have a limit of 255 characters. If you go over that character limit, the system will not allow you to assign your cart. Decreasing your character amount will allow you to assign your cart. We are working with Aquiire to either provide a character count down or just not allow us to enter more than 255 characters.
- Review the New iBuyNU Tips and Reminders page.
- If you were unable to join us for one of our webinars to learn about the changes coming with the new iBuyNU, review a pre-recorded version by clicking iBuyNU - New and Improved Webinar. Please note if you are a Mac user, you may experience issues accessing the webinar. We are aware and the training unit is working on a solution.
- Training materials are now available in myHR Learn! Click here to view the training.
For feedback or questions, please contact Keith Paddy at 847.467.6963 or email@example.com