New and Improved iBuyNU is now available
March 8, 2019
Updated March 25 and April 1, 2019
We are pleased to announce that iBuyNU was updated to a new, enhanced software platform on April 1, 2019. This update makes your shopping experience more efficient by providing a more-intuitive layout and improved functionality.Immediate benefits of this change include:
- ‘Real-time’ search capability for many of the supplier catalogs
- Federated search capability allows customers to search for a product across all catalog types
- New ‘shared-cart’ functionality allows multiple users or groups to add products to a cart before assigning to their business manager or administrator to create a requisition
- Easier ability for requesters to reassign carts to other colleagues
- You will still have the ability to browse individual preferred vendor catalogs
Before logging in
Before logging in, please note the following:
- You will need to log into the new iBuyNU at your earliest convenience to reestablish your profile. This will ensure that your internal business processes will not be disrupted. If a requester does not log in to establish their profile, they will not be available for shoppers to assign carts.
- The MilliporeSigma stockroom catalogs will no longer be available in iBuyNU. It has been decided that MilliporeSigma chemicals no longer need to be available in on-site stockrooms. However, MilliporeSigma is still a very important vendor and partner of the University. Staff will still be able to order through the MilliporeSigma punch-out catalog at discounted pricing and have the order delivered next day for free.
- A few supplier catalogs will be missing at this time but will become available soon. Those suppliers include BD Bioscience, EMD Millipore, Corporate Imaging Concepts, and Henricksen. If you need to make a purchase in the interim while the catalogs are not available, please create a non-catalog requisition.
- For users of the Evanston and Chicago lab supply stockrooms, please review the Manage Group Carts Training Guide in myHR to learn how to use the new shared cart functionality, now called “Group Cart” in the new iBuyNU. There will also be new purchasing processes implemented within the Fisher Stockrooms. Additional details, including invitations to webinars, are forthcoming.
- The ability to reassign a Cart if the Requester is out of office is coming soon. This will replace the current Substitute Requester Process.
Things to know
- We encourage everyone to log into to iBuyNU on April 1 to establish your profile. This will ensure your internal business processes will not be disrupted. If a requester doesn’t log in to establish their profile, they will not be available for shoppers to assign carts to.
- For those who have saved favorites or shopping list in a punchout catalog, these items may not be available when logging in through the new iBuyNU. We recommend printing your favorites or shopping list for your records.
If you were unable to join us for one of our webinars to learn about the changes coming with the new iBuyNU, review a pre-recorded version by clicking iBuyNU - New and Improved Webinar. Please note if you are a Mac user, you may experience issues accessing the webinar. We are aware and the training unit is working on a solution.
Training materials are now available in myHR Learn! Click here to view the training.
If you have any questions, please contact Keith Paddy at 847.467.6963 or firstname.lastname@example.org