Summer Salary Payments
Summer Salary is used to pay faculty for additional research performed during their non-contracted summer months. For the complete information, refer to the Office for Research Summer Salary Policy.
Paperwork Cutoff Dates
Submit your Summer Salary request to HR Operations by the published monthly paperwork deadlines to ensure payment for the appropriate month. Any request that misses the deadline will be added to the employee's paycheck the following month.
Training & Assistance
- Training: Log into our online HRS402 Summer Salary training, view the presentation slides, and review some example forms to learn how to calculate summer salary and complete your request form.
- Additional help: For further help, contact your Effort Coordinator (Office of Cost Studies), Karen Koehler-Davis (HR Operations Data Analyst), or Shayna Thomason (myHR Training Specialist).
Submitting your Summer Salary Form
Use this process to submit a completed Summer Salary Form for processing:
- Complete the Summer Salary Request Form, including required signatures.
Tip: If you are the Authorized Home School approver and are submitting the request, you do not need to sign the form.
Important! The summer salary request will be inputted into myHR as entered on the form; please ensure its accuracy as part your final review before signing and/or uploading.
- Gather any additional/supporting documents and combine them into one electronic file; ensure the Summer Salary Form is always the first page.
- Click the button below to submit the request to HR Operations for processing. (Choose the Summer Salary Form option as your submission type.)
Tip: If you have trouble submitting and/or the form is not purple, try restarting your browser, clearing your cache, or using Internet Explorer.
- You will receive email notifications upon receipt and when your payment has been entered.