Financial well-being is a state of being where you can fully meet current and ongoing financial obligations, feel secure in your financial future, and are able to make choices that allow you to enjoy life. Financial well-being can be experienced regardless of income.
The below resources may help you achieve and sustain your financial well-being goals. They can also help you better understand your personal finances, describe the benefits of having a long-term financial plan tailored to your individual needs and goals, and support your ability to adapt to financial changes. These resources are available for Northwestern faculty, staff and eligible family members.
Note: Eligibility for some resources may be limited.
Programs and services
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Disability Benefits
- Tuition Benefits
- Health Care and Limited Use Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Kids & Money: Resources
- Life Insurance Plans Benefits
- Money Management 101: A Webliography
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Coping With Financial Uncertainty: A Resource Guide
- Getting Your Affairs in Order
- How to Raise a Money Smart Child
- Improving Your Financial Wellness
- Tips for Using Your Health Insurance Wisely