Benefits for Terminated Employees and COBRA
When you terminate employment with the University, you may elect to temporarily continue to participate in certain University-sponsored benefits or to convert certain coverage to an individual policy directly with the sponsoring insurance company.
Continue health, dental, vision and your health care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Under Federal law, you have the right to temporarily continue health, dental, vision and FSA health care account participation.
- You pay the total monthly health, dental or vision premium plus a 2% administrative fee.
- To continue the health care FSA you must continue to make your regular monthly contributions after-tax.
Continue life insurance
- To convert or port the life insurance plan complete the Group Life Conversion Application or the Group Life Portability Application and submit it to the Human Resources Benefits team within 31 days of termination. Contact your benefits counselor if you would like information concerning converting your life insurance coverage.
Some benefits may not be continued
- Tuition benefits may be continued through the end of the term of study only.
- Contributions to your 403(b) savings plan ceases upon termination. To discuss conversion or distribution of your 403(b) accounts please call TIAA at 800- 842-2776 or Fidelity at 800-343-0860 directly.