Benefit Changes After Declaring/Terminating a Partnership
To declare or terminate a partnership, you may need to do the following.
Change dependents covered by your health, dental and vision insurance
- To add your partner ,update your elections online via myHR and upload a copy of your civil union certificate. Benefits will be effective the date of the civil union.
- To drop your partner from your insurance plans, do so online via myHR and upload proof of dissolution of civil union. Benefits will be terminated the day of the dissolution.
- You cannot change the health or dental plan in which you are enrolled.
- Insurance premiums are not prorated. Regardless of the date your partner was added or dropped, you are financially responsible for the entire month of insurance premiums.
- Premiums may be charged on an after-tax basis for your partner and his or her child(ren) depending on their IRS tax status.
Change your life insurance
- You may enroll in partner life insurance with coverage up to your total basic and supplemental life insurance, not to exceed $500,000, in $10,000 increments. Complete the Evidence of Insurability Form to apply for additional coverage above the guaranteed issue amount of $30,000.
- Upon termination of your partnership, you must waive the partner life insurance policy online via myHR.
- Change your life insurance beneficiaries through myHR.