Benefit Changes After Divorce/Legal Separation
If you divorce or legally separate, you may need to update or change the following information:
Remove your spouse from your health, dental and vision insurance
- Complete your enrollment change online via myHR. Upload the first and last page of your divorce decree within 31 days of your divorce or legal separation directly into the benefits platform.
- You cannot change the health or dental plan in which you are enrolled.
- Insurance premiums are not prorated. Regardless of the date of divorce, you are financially responsible for the entire month of insurance premiums.
Remove your spouse from life insurance
- Waive your spouse life insurance via myHR.
- Change your life insurance beneficiaries through myHR.
- If your ex-spouse is incorrectly listed as “spouse”, please contact the human Resources Benefits team before making any changes. You may also contact Benefits to permanently remove your ex-spouse's record from your list of beneficiaries.